Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Are you a single parent battling on?

it's been a busy couple of days. Yesterday we featured www.finishingtouch.ae on the radio show with lessons in etiquette.
Apparently the demand for etiquette classes is on the increase.

Today was packed with guests and tomorrow will be a good one with www.timeoutdubai.com editor Will Milner and Jo Simpson joining us later for a chat about work- life - balance and a wellness retreat.

This latter topic got me thinking again about what it is to be a single parent living in a city where the cost of living is coninuing to rise. Stress levels in a lot of people I meet seem to be rising too.

Are you a single parent? How do you cope? Do you find it tough? Is there help at hand? As a single parent myself I can relate to your situation maybe. I'm very lucky to have an amazing daughter who has managed to deal with the situation remarkably well. Do you have a similar story? Or is your situation different and more complicated?
Do you have a group you can talk to about the challenges you face? Are you looking for someone to share your struggles? Are you perfectly happy dealing with it on your own? Do you have family close by who can help out?
Do you find talking about it difficult or do you find it helpful to discuss it ?
I have had to ask myself these questions for a long time. I decided to take the plunge and talk about it on the radio 2 yrs ago with British comedian Jim Davidson during a heart to heart on my drive time programme on Radio 2 (99.3 and 106fm UAE) www.gulfnews.com

That was a fantastic show which still gets talked about today, well yesterday actually when Jim and I were catching up on the phone.

Lots of questions.

Post your message here.

No comments: