Monday, July 14, 2008

5 more deaths in One Morning

I returned to Dubai yesterday morning after 2 days in England. I arrived at Dubai International Airport, went through all regular procedures. Collected case and headed for the taxi.
And within 2 minutes of leaving the airport I witnessed the most horrific scene. A crash involving a mini van and several cars. There was nothing left of the mini van, it was crushed like a softdrink can. And then we passed a terrible sight. half a dozen mortuary vans were lined up one after the other. 5 of them were now being loaded with 5 dead bodies. It was a horrible thing to see and was a real wake up call.
My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of those victims.

Safety- guarenteed none of those victims were wearing any kind of seat belt.

The van was allegedly speeding- why? why? why?

I saw this through the eyes of a tourist to Dubai.


What can be done to reduce the number of the deaths on the roads of Dubai. ??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Should we talk abt death and tragedies on our blog dear?

Glen

Seabee said...

What can be done? Too long to go into here but I've posted some thought starters here;
Life in Dubai.

I'd be interested to hear Adam's comments (but I can't find an email address for him).

Jeff Price said...

Hi Glen,
when you have just arrived at your destination having left family behind and the first thing you see are 5 bodies lying dead on the highway it kind of gets to you.

As a supporter of the road safety campaign in the united arab emirates I felt compelled to share it. It won't be the last time I'm sure, yet we live in hope

Anonymous said...

Dear Jeff,

I agree with you. I am also a person who voices out my opinion frankly on socially relevant topics. Well! what you say also is not wrong...

Expecting your comments on my blog too. Dont know whether I am good in blogging :))))

Glen